Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Geriatric Care (3A)
CLASSIFICATION : Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.4
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour and/or 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Supervised by the Registered Nurse, he/she will give general care to hospitalized patients. Perform any other related tasks according to the needs of the department.
- Member in good standing of the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses (ANBLPN);
- BLS certification (Basic Life Support) and to continue to maintain his/her certification;
- Working knowledge in information technology;
- Skills in organizing and managing assigned workload;
- Skills in communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment