Occupational / Physiotherapy Assistant (3029)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-George-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Physiotherapy
CLASSIFICATION : Occupational / Physiotherapy Assistant (3029)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Assist the physiotherapists by performing various clinical and technical duties related to patient care to re-establish, maintain or improve patients' level of functional independence.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Recognized postsecondary rehabilitation technical training program of one to two years in length;
- Proven good judgment and organizational skills;
- Special interest in people undergoing rehabilitation;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French and spoken English is necessary.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"