Platform Engineering Zonal Design Manager
Irving Shipbuilding in Multiple Locations
Dartmouth, NS | Halifax, NS
PLATFORM ENGINEERING ZONAL DESIGN MANAGER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role based in Halifax NS.
- Responsible for daily operations regarding the functional leadership of 'Zone' leads in support of ship design activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Ship Design Zones meet all zonal technical requirements in accordance with the design schedule.
- Streamline Engineering processes with an emphasis on process design for cost and cycle time reduction
- Assist the Deputy Director of Engineering with strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities in multiple vessel construction
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Responsible for formalizing design rules and supporting measures across business
- Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in relevant discipline
- P. Eng, MBA, or PMP considered to be a strong asset
- Years of Experience: 10 years of experience in shipbuilding environment
- Experience in "new build' first of class Zonal Design practices.
- Proven ability of technical leadership in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
For additional information please contact: Erin Sloan at email@example.com.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.