Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
- Using Client provided specifications and drawings create detailed work scopes and work packages
- Provide cost assessment and evaluation services in support of the Production Contract of the AOPS program
- Evaluate TIRs on a regular basis to prioritize assessment through the change process
- Provide assistance to Supply Chain for cost evaluation of vendor quotations (material and services)
- Evaluate engineering (OMT) quotes related to all changes and participate as part of the Change Control Board (CCB) working group
- Attend weekly CCB meetings to address cost issues and inquiries
- Determine change value thresholds in order to determine approval level
- Assist other function with Cost Estimating support where required
- Maintain a database of changes within change tool
- Estimating is captured within Estimating Tool, or Excel and uploaded to Estimating Tool
- Client Drawings are viewed and analyzed using Adobe Professional or AutoCAD
- Material and Subcontractor RFQ's are created using Microsoft Word or Adobe Professional.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, in engineering or engineering technology required, or Journeyman status in any shipbuilding related trade
- Membership in a professional organization (APENS, TechNova) or Interprovincial Certification (Red Seal) considered an asset, but not a requirement
- 5 years of experience in various roles including Project Management, Subcontractor Management, Supervision of skilled Trades, skilled Trades, etc. working in an engineering/manufacturing/shipbuilding or other similar environment required
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major construction contracts or Defense contracts considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment considered a strong advantage
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.