Senior Estimator, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
- Manage day to activities of a small team of estimators
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the generation, review, and delivery of Ship Build Estimates. Provide analysis of inputs and outputs to and from the program Estimating Tool.
- Using Client provided specifications and drawings create detailed work scopes and work packages
- Provide critical evaluation of estimating approaches and methodology associated with a new ship build
- Provide assistance to Supply Chain for cost evaluation of vendor quotations (material and services)
- Act as the primary interface between Engineering and the Estimating Functions
- Assist the Estimating Manager with Estimating policy and procedural work as required
- Estimating will be undertaken in the Estimating Tool, or in a spreadsheet model and uploaded into the Estimating Tool
- Client Drawings are viewed and analyzed using Adobe Professional or AutoCAD
- Material and Subcontractor RFQ's are created using Microsoft Word or Adobe Professional
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, in engineering or engineering technology required, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience in estimating within an engineering/manufacturing/shipbuilding or other similar environment required
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major construction contracts or Defense contracts considered an asset
- Experience managing a small team.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment considered a strong advantage
- Experience in the use of COTS Estimating Tools and Parametric Estimating exposure advantageous
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Emily Snow at: Snow.Emily@irvingshipbuilding.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.