Vice President, Business Development
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a prestigious designation awarded to companies that considered to be national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians. We do this by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded.
We cherish and value the relationships that we build with our customers and are deeply committed to our employees. We are focused on ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support at all levels of the organization.
If you are looking for a senior leadership role in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading national organization, the Vice President Business Development role is the role you want.
Job Title: Vice President, Business Development Department: Business Development Competition: 5501 Internal/External: Internal/ External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Etobicoke, Montreal, Moncton or Dartmouth Salary: Competitive Compensation and Benefits Reports To: President Closing Date: October 19, 2019
Reporting to the President of Medavie Blue Cross, the Vice President of Business Development is directly responsible for driving sales in all markets, as well as leading the direction of the pricing and underwriting of our group and individual business lines. This leader oversees our group business sales strategy, identifies and manages strategic business opportunities and partnerships to maximize our growth potential and oversees our sales team activities in the various markets in which we operate. As a key member of the leadership team, this individual also is responsible for and directs management of all pricing and risk selection decisions. M anaging a team of highly motivated and results orientated sales, underwriting, and actuarial professionals this role is instrumental to the execution and delivery of the organization's growth and related strategic objectives.
Key Selection Criteria
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership experience in group insurance environment
- Decisive, results- and action-oriented leader who has successfully implemented organizational change
- University degree in business/marketing and/or related discipline
- Ability to manage client expectations with innovative solutions
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and motivate teams situated in multiple regional markets
- Demonstrated history of growing business and improving margin
- Creative and energetic leader, passionate about the business
- Ability to adapt to change while striving to improve process and efficiency
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple priorities through concurrent transactions, customer issues and internal priorities
- Detailed knowledge of our market and our competitive positioning in servicing needs
- Strong financial acumen coupled with a strong understanding of Group and Individual insurance underwriting and pricing practices
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce would be a definite asset
- Well-developed executive presence to represent the company with customers and partners in the field
Note: There will be travel in this role, primarily throughout Central and Eastern Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code , Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Business Development, Underwriter, VP, Executive, Sales, Insurance, Management