For over 147 years, I. H. Mathers has been a trusted supplier of dependable, highly efficient, marine, offshore, and logistics services. We offer a comprehensive range of services including: marine agency, offshore logistics, cargo handling, warehousing, freight forwarding, immigration consulting, offshore personnel, and customs brokerage.
As a leading Freight Forwarding company, we believe in providing our clients with customized solutions and pride ourselves on top notch customer service.
We're searching for a Freight Forwarder to join our Freight division in Halifax, NS. To be truly successful in this position, you must have a positive attitude, a desire to work with the public, and the ability to quickly shift focus.
Our winning team, comprised of experienced and talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, show extreme passion and dedication to both our clients and each other. As a part of this team, you'll have the opportunity to face challenges head on and you'll be supported throughout your career.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and carriers (Domestic & International)
- Handle processing of shipments with a high degree of accuracy
- Prepare quotations for customers
- Negotiate & obtain rates with carriers
- On-call support for afterhours as required
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to manage pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of freight forwarding experience
- CIFFA Professional Freight Forwarder (PFF) designation an asset
- Familiarity with CargoWise Freight Management Systems an asset
- Knowledge of Trade rules & regulations
- Previous experience in a freight forwarding / logistics role is preferred
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply by sending a Word version of your resume quoting ML-LFF-19 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.