Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
ANTI-AIR WARFARE ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The position of Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) Engineer will be responsible for managing, executing, and coordinating the integration of the AAW system into the Combat System and to ensure Combat System performance in accordance with system requirements and ship specifications.
This is a permanent full time role located in Halifax, NS.
- Design, develop and Integrate AAW system and components on CSC
- Develop and evaluate formal and informal AAW test procedures and verification test procedures
- Work with other CSI warfare engineers to ensure AAW system performance and design is optimized without hindering other warfare systems
- Participate in the design and delivery process of Combat Systems
- Participate in the design/build process
- Provide Naval ship Combat System design, build, commissioning, acceptance and support
- Ensure product safety and product environmental management
- Interpret technical documentation for the engineering teams
- Coordinate with other CSC Project teams: Platform Systems Engineering, Combat Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering and Project Management
- Provide guidance and advice on the impact of proposed combat systems engineering changes as required
- Recommend when feasible, to approve engineering change that can be enacted within the combat system portfolio remaining within contractual scope and financial approval
- Provide an effective interface between the customer, ISI program IPTs, and the sub-contractor
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change presented by the subcontractors to ensure impacts to integration activities are understood and recorded
- Ensure the successful performance of contract tasks related to combat systems integration to include on time deliverables, within budget and in accordance with technical requirements
- Work in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for the project
- Support the coordination of scheduling, planning and conduct of integration activities in support of related program milestones
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support Project Management and ISI initiatives as required for the CSC project to succeed
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in naval anti-air warfare design
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large, complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with a complex organization
- Extensive knowledge of Naval Combat Systems technology and operation
- Detailed understanding of Combat/Mission System Architectures
- Installation and integration of hardware and software systems onboard Naval Platforms
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement programs
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong communication and personal time management skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.