Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Surgical Suite
CLASSIFICATION : Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Stand-by and call-back services
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the registered nurse, the patient care attendant works with the surgical team to provide quality patient care while being accountable for his or her actions and following the policies and procedures established by the Vitalité Heatlh Network. He or she provides direct and indirect patient care and ensures a safe and clean environment for the patient.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary acute care support services program;
- BLS ertification (Basic Life Support) and to continue to maintain his/her certification;
- Knowledge in information technology;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment