Cavendish Farms in Wheatley, ON
PROCESS CONTROL OPERATOR
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Process Control Operator will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and be able to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Some of the duties required are:
- Oversee all equipment by monitoring the Process Control System
- Start and stop all production lines utilizing this process control system
- Determine action required during this process and initiate necessary changes on the computer
- Communicate to various areas (i.e. Supervision, Quality, Maintenance, Refrigeration) process changes/abnormalities
- Follow all Food Safety procedures relating to all job duties including and not limited to CCP and report all food safety concerns to the supervisors
- Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery as required
- Document and retest equipment adjustments to ensure new process follows Food Safety procedures
- Responsible for the operation and set points of all equipment from the hot soaks, potato line and up to and including the freezers
- Monitor and maintain all parameters of controls to ensure product quality and productivity
- Document daily activities, process changes, adjustments made
- Troubleshoot and report on process problems and solutions
- Be a key member of the process team to ensure productivity while maintaining quality and food safety
- Keep work area clean and other general duties as required
Some of the qualifications required are:
- Succeed at qualifying in the job-related skills evaluation
- Ability to quickly recognize problems and determine solutions
- Ability to understand all Food Safety procedures relating to job functions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions
- Prior working knowledge of GMP's and HACCP an asset
- Interpersonal skills to include the ability to explain situations and effect solutions quickly
- Good team player with commitment to ensure process efficiency
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to endure repetitive climbing of stairs, walking, standing, and heavy lifting
- Prior computer and troubleshooting experience an asset
- Good Attendance Record
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.