Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Edmundston
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Edmundston (Crisis Team)
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 0.6
ANTICIPATED DATE : October 20, 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
12:00 to 20:00 - Rotation day, evening, weekends and holidays
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the Edmundston Adult Program Manager and in collaboration with the Clinical Resource, the social worker works with the various mental health partners. The main duties of the position will include crisis intervention, assessment, planning, stabilization, follow-up, support, prevention, awareness and mental health promotion from a recovery perspective. The position requires travel within the Northwest Zone based on client and operational needs while making maximum use of community services to maintain clientele in the community whenever possible. The social worker must provide their own means of transportation.REQUIREMENTS :
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Master of Social Work would be an asset;
- Specific experience in the mental health field would be an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or a commitment to undertake such a course within set timeline;
- Certificate in Non-violent crisis/workplace intervention or a commitment to undertake such a course within set timeline;
- Ability to work in a changing environment with different populations;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with various community resources;
- Leadership and good decision-making abilities;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Valid driver's licence and own means of transportation with valid insurance in order to travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
1. Availability for the entire duration of the assignment.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment