Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Job Description to be posted including Qualifications and Responsibilities: Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
This (1) Permanent, full time position, within the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Program, will be responsible for executing technical responsibilities within the Engineering Governance team of the Combat Systems Engineering organization.
- Provide engineering technical expertise during requirements definition, design, integration, test, and production phases to ensure that fully compliant and certified systems are provided in accordance with requirements, governing standards, and sound engineering practice.
- Develop plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements
- Coordinate with Combat Systems, Combat Support Systems, Mission Systems Integration, Platform Systems and Project Management teams
- Participate in, or lead, Working Groups, as required, for assigned Systems Engineering disciplines
- Define, measure and achieve technical and earned value targets for assigned activities
- Ensure all Subcontractor and ISI SE deliverables are compliant with the Statement of Work
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the management team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Support Project Management and ISI initiatives as required for the CSC project to succeed.
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Systems Engineering team
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Systems Engineering required
- Engineering In large, complex Marine defense engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Extensive knowledge of Systems Engineering disciplines and tools
- Understanding of Combat and Platform System Architectures
- Experience in engineering for Naval platforms
- Understanding of ship construction
- Experience working in design, production and / or test on a ship construction program
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision. Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For further details, please contact Aimee Wragg at:
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.