Cavendish Farms in Wheatley, ON
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Education Required:
- Associate's Degree or Trade Certification as a Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Must possess a valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license or Red Seal certification as millwright
- Certified from a recognized apprenticeship program
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of experience
- Ability to identify and use basic hand/power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and communication skills
- Willing and capable of completing necessary safety training (i.e. lockout, etc.)
- Ability to do some bending, lifting, climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints
- Must pass a practical job-related skills test (i.e. tools, measurement, welding)
- Experience with hi-speed packaging equipment will be considered an asset
- Experience in the food industry and general maintenance is an asset
- Computer skills and familiar with CMMS's systems
- Performing the Preventive (Pm) and Predictive (Pd) maintenance program including the lubrication program
- Unassembled, maintain, repair and assemble equipment and machinery
- Trouble shoot and test mechanical equipment operation
- Commissioning machinery and equipment according to blueprints and layout plans
- Follow safety guidelines and policies when use hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools. As well when painting, cutting steel, welding, use of a cutting torch and terminating wires
- Follow GMP guidelines and policies at any time, cleaning job area when finished and keep the maintenance shop clean and organized
- Source and retrieve parts for work in progress or planned work orders
- Communication with coworkers, shift supervisors and managers on emergency or planned jobs
- Participate on continues improvement projects to increase reliability of the equipment and process
- Participation in or conducting training on familiarity with equipment
- Other general maintenance duties as required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.