MDU Sales Representative
We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions – we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to building a rewarding career at Rogers.
We've established a new set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers – Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
Wondering what it takes to join our team? Click here and find out by taking our interactive experience. We recommend that you use Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer 11.37 or above. You can also try it on your mobile device!
As a Consumer Field Sales Representative, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line representative of the Rogers brand. In this role, you will sell Internet, TV, Phone and SHM services to residential customers within assigned territory comprised of multiple dwelling units (MDU). May perform basic installations as well as auditing to drive product penetration and revenue growth.
Successful candidates are driven “hunters”, with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Builds and maintains positive relationships with MDU property management and leasing staff and regularly follows up to ensure Rogers products and services are favorably presented to prospective tenants.
- Partners directly with MDU property manager/leasing staff in designated territories to drive maximum product penetration and revenue growth. Serves as a sales presence at community or company events as required, interacting with current and potential customers.
- Cold canvasses in assigned territory and makes sales presentation to non-subscribers and existing subscribers for upgrades.
- Through various networking tactics, identifies and contacts customers moving into MDU and makes sales presentations.
- Builds customer loyalty by effectively resolving any/all customer issues and differentiating Rogers products from those of our competitors and communicating those differences effectively.
- Performs end to end order entry through provided technology.
- Participates in team sales blitzes, conversions, and new releases; including weekend and evening sales events.
- Updates and reports on all sales activities in assigned territories, or geographical areas.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to maximize customer contact
- Conducts all business in an ethical manner as outlined in the Field Sales Handbook Standards of Performance and Conduct.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled team meetings
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience preferred in related field
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Ability to work independently to achieve set goals within a strategic plan.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, the ability to walk and/or travel door-to-door for considerable distances in all types of weather conditions.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired, installation experience a plus
- 1 - 2 years of proven Door-to-door/outside sales experience highly preferred.
The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of Rogers and will receive:
- Full training on Rogers products
- An attractive remuneration package includes base pay and commissions
- Car Allowance
- Medical and Dental benefits that begin on day 1
- 50 % discount on all Rogers Communications services
- Access to multiple Wealth-Accumulation Programs
- Tablet and smartphone for business use.
- Internal growth opportunities are possible
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || North York || [[mfield2]] ||