Information Security/Cybersecurity Analyst
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 55478
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT Security
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Postal Code: B0k 1S0
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys currently has an exciting opportunity for an Information Security/Cybersecurity Analyst to join our IT department based out of our office in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, Mississauga, Ontario, or Montreal, Quebec.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will get to do :
- Have the opportunity to develop and grow as a Security professional in a fast-paced retail environment
- Assess the cyber security posture of third parties by performing security risk assessments for both on premise and cloud-based solutions
- Review cyber related attestations by third parties such as SOC1, SOC2, ISO 27001 and report on findings
- Document third party cyber security capabilities and security architecture
- Provide mitigation options and strategies to manage cyber security threats and monitor remediation activities as required
- Develop and present relevant metrics and reports for both third party and internal risk assessments
- Support continuous development of technology related risk reporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to measure control effectiveness
- Provide cyber security subject matter expertise to business partners, project management teams, and third parties throughout each projects lifecycle as required
- Apply a teamwork philosophy with business partners and security service providers to ensure security governance controls are applied both inside and outside the organization
- Support development, implementation, and management of security strategies, policies, processes, standards, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize security, service availability, efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in security incident response related activities as required
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster a strong cyber security risk management culture
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us :
CISSP, CISM, CISA, and CCSP or similar industry certification preferred
5+ years' experience in Information Systems / Cyber Security would be an asset
Hands-on experience in performing control-level technical cyber risk assessments
Working knowledge of various standards and regulations such as PIPEDA and ISO270001, HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc
Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Sound knowledge of technology controls, security domains, disciplines and best practices
Firm commitmentStrong Desire to learn and adapt to staying informed and abreast of emerging threats and industry trends
Strength in prioritizing and managing your own workload to deliver quality results and meet timelines under guidance of management
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Flexible Work Options - Work from home and Flexible Work Schedules
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.