Lead Hand, Manufacturing - Night Shift
Talentcor Markham is recruiting a permanent Lead Hand for the Personalization Department of our large manufacturing client in Markham.
The Lead Hand is responsible for planning the day-to-day departmental operations, as well as executing departmental schedules and providing forward-looking proactive feedback/action plans to avoid potential problems.
- Responsible for overseeing employees work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems
- Constantly monitor/screen work environment to ensure cleanliness and integrity of the product
- Responsible for day-to-day management of staff
- Establishes and sustains effective team environment based on increasing performance motivation and encouragement
- Keeps management up to date at all times on any issues
- Provide clear guidance and direction to all team members
- Provides feedback to managers on employee performance
- Ensure status report and IQ production tracking are up to date
- Serve as the point of contact for any escalations
- Lead effectively to meet daily/weekly/monthly standards
- Properly document all team members' performance
- Responsible for acting as a liaison with other departments or organizations
- Help approve hours in Dayforce
- Provide effective training to machine operators
- Ensure safety practices are being complied with
- Conduct performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned personnel
- Provide Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and supervision to direct reports
- Responsible for applications of appropriate risk control measures and report Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns.
- Excellent computer literacy with Word, Excel, Outlook
- System Application Products (SAP) experience is an asset
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership/management skills with the ability to motivate a team
- A dynamic personality with the ability to effectively multi-task and take on numerous projects
- Experience in manufacturing/production field and/or embossing process is an asset
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of production disciplines and traffic logistics in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
- Must be able to stand for a long periods of time
- Competitive salary
- Immediate permanent opportunity
- Benefits after 3 months
- Free parking
- Accessible by public transit
- Opportunity to join a reputable and stable company
- Excellent company culture
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Alexandra Neri at email@example.com
Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Talentcor at work.
Available in other formats upon request.