Senior Manager, Actuarial
WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We're focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services. We have charted a course to propel WorkSafeNB forward on a path of transformation designed to create public value by maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
Applications are now being accepted for a permanent position of Senior Manager, Actuarial in the Fiscal and Economic Planning Department. This position is located in Saint John, NB.
As a Senior Manager, Actuarial, reporting to the Director & Actuary, you will provide leadership in the continuous improvement activities associated with actuarial, economic and statistical functions and long-term fiscal planning for WorkSafeNB. We embrace the core competencies of client-focused service, adaptability, teamwork, and accountability.
You will play a significant role in these major transformation projects:
- Optimizing the rate setting models in pursuit of best practice and continuous improvement while protecting the sustainability of the workers' compensation system.
- Modernizing our information systems to enable us to leverage technologies and data to provide real-time customer service and interactions.
- Exploring innovative options to enhance our care delivery capabilities for effective workplace recovery.
We are looking for a dedicated leader who:
- has the pulse of the insurance industry and more ideally workers compensation
- is a strategic thinker who thinks outside the box
- embraces and nurtures change, innovation and continuous improvement
- is a passionate coach who enables collaboration, promotes communication and understands social dynamics and emotional situations
- is grounded in professionalism and has a sense of urgency.
- A university degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics or a related field.
- Certification as a Fellow in the Canadian Institute of Actuaries. We will consider a Certification as an Associate for an individual nearing Fellowship certification.
- High level proficiency in MS office -able to extract, summarize and analyze large datasets to uncover trends and carry out complex computations using Excel and Access. Familiar with a broad range of built-in Excel and Access functions and able to write, maintain, debug and test VBA code.
- Proficiency in the use of the AXIS actuarial software.
- Significant experience managing projects and leading people.
- Previous experience in the workers' compensation field is an asset, as is relevant insurance industry or consulting experience.
- Bilingualism is an asset
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance)
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Shared Risk Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by November 1st, 2019.