Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 55441
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 884 Westphal Lawtons
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Shift Supervisor will provide friendly and professional custome service while leading the Customer Service Assistants. Responsible to complete voids, refunds and cash handling transactions in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure accurate cash-handing procedures at all times following company practices and policies. Provide guidance, training and coaching to employees. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise and provide support to front store CSA's
- Thoroughly understand all relevant company programs
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform cash and administrative duties as required
- Identify and correct cash discrepencies
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- When required may be responsible for management of keys and secure lock up of store
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Full knowledge of front store operations and cash procedures
- Ability to work independently in a fast envirnoment
- Customer service experience
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.