Clerk HMR and ALC
Sobeys Inc. in Halifax, NS
Requisition ID: 55358
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: N/A
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 0881 Halifax Shop Annex Sobeys
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Clerk HMR and ALC is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Follow and Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety,
corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inventory control procedures followed when ordering and receiving stock
- Support and process customer meal orders
- Assist in performing program execution and merchandising of product
- In accordance with relevant Food Safety policies, handle and prepare cold and hot deli products
- Assist in the increase of store sales by actively promoting products
- Support and participate in the training of junior staff
- Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
- Process department shrink
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Customer service
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.