Personal Care Attendant (2 Positions)
Temporary Full Time
Location: Long Term Care, HVGB
The primary purpose of this position is to work as a member of the nursing team under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse providing a high standard of care to residents at the Long Term Care in accordance with the LGH Model of Nursing Clinical Practice. The employee is responsible for ensuring a safe environment for clients, families, co-workers and themselves and reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Graduation from high school or equivalency;
- Successful completion from a recognized Personal Care Attendant program or equivalent;
- Current certification in BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support);
- Breastfeeding education;
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a satisfactory certificate of conduct.
Duties (Include but not limited to):
- Providing basic nursing care to residents;
- Responds to emergency situation and codes;
- Assist with orientation of new staff;
- Documents according to organizational policies and unit guidelines;
- Participates in quality assurance/improvement activities;
- Transports clients and specimens;
- Other related duties as required.
- CG-24 of the NAPE-HS salary scales $20.71 to $22.81 per hour, plus the applicable Labrador Allowance.
Hours of Work:
- Variable shifts, 75 hours bi-weekly.
- This posting is open to male and female applicants.
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2019000315N to:
Human Resources Department
Labrador - Grenfell Regional Health Authority
Goose Bay, NL A0K 4S0
Tel: (709) 897-2164 Fax: (709) 896-4741
Apply online at www.careers.lghealth.ca
Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
cc: NAPE HS