Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Smart Grid Innovation Network is seeking candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This executive will perform a strategic role by leading projects, commercialization and advocacy activities for the organization.
The successful candidate is passionate about the potential for smart grid and smart energy to grow the New Brunswick and Atlantic economy. This person will be responsible for contributing actively to the overall management and strategy of the enterprise, participate in decision making, and support strategic initiatives and decisions of the organization.
The CEO has leadership responsibility and accountability to:
· Implementation of organization's strategic action plan.
· Work closely with the Steering Committee to shape policy and strategic initiatives.
· Communicate widely and effectively with key stakeholders and a wide range of audiences.
· Manage strategic relationships with governments, the private sector, academia, and sponsors.
· Develop and deliver compelling proposals, presentations and speeches.
· A minimum of ten years of leadership experience with demonstrated results in generating productive partnerships.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in the electricity industry, particularly in energy innovations or smart grids.
· Proven track record of success raising revenue to support important projects and programs.
· Effective, articulate communicator with an appetite for external outreach and relationship-building.
· Professional and responsible when dealing with senior level decision makers in all sectors.
· Innovative, entrepreneurial and passionate.
· Bilingualism is an asset.