Founded in 1962, Trecan Combustion Limited is the leading manufacturer and exporter of Snowmelters in the world. Our product line is the industry standard for Snowmelters.
Trecan Combustion Limited is looking for an experienced Purchaser to communicate and coordinate with members of our team for the timely purchase of component parts used in the manufacturing process.
As a Purchaser, your day to day operations will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare and/ or review purchase requisitions/orders as required
- Process purchase/requisitions within Trecan's guidelines
- Source price quotations as needed
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers for delivery
- Maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers
- Review deliveries against the orders
- Track the status of pending orders
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Match purchase requisitions with packing slips and forward to AP
- Work with stores to maintain consumable/fastener levels
- Ensure all activites are carried out in accordance with Company policies and regulatory laws and regulations which includes all safety policies.
- Experience working in Purchasing Software systems, Syspro experience is preferred
- Experience negotiating with suppliers
- Ability to work with deadlines, multi-task and have a strong attention to detail
- At least 3 years' of experience as a Purchaser
- Experience working with inventory
- High School diploma.
Work With Us
Trecan offers a competitive salary with an excellent employee benefits package, including: A Retirement Savings Plan and Health Savings Account.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, please send your resume to: Tara MacKinnon, HR and Safety Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.