Systems Software Specialist
Position Location: Halifax, NS
Under the authority of the Director of Products & Development, the Systems Software Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining our simulation software. The software development team provides modeling and simulation application development for virtual and constructive systems integration support and in-service engineering support.
- Develop various land, air and naval vehicle system simulation software.
- Perform unit and integration testing of simulation software.
- Resolve deficiencies.
- Perform hardware/software integration tasks.
- Install software loads in preparation for hardware/software testing.
- Resolve software issues raised by subject matter experts and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- A minimum of 3 years' of industry experience.
- Experienced in simulation of Avionics systems including:
- Flight Management Systems
- Aircraft Navigation
- Strong computer science fundamentals in 3D, math, object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot distributed simulation problems and provide acceptable solutions or corrections.
- Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code using modern object-oriented C++ standards and best practices.
- Autonomy, creativity and a good sense of initiative.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with testers, and other developers.
- A thorough understanding of Windows operating systems.
- A thorough understanding of virtual environments.
- Knowledge of networks and networking concepts.
- Simulation or Game industry experience would be an asset: Knowledge of industry tools such as VBS3, Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine.
- Experience with distributed and integrated simulation (HLA/DIS) would be considered an asset.
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...