APPLY NOW - INTERVIEWS ARE TAKING PLACE SOON!
Our client is searching for a Jr. Buyer to join their team on a temporary basis. You are a high energy go-getter who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the results. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Buyer will assist with the implementation of strategic procurement initiatives by managing MRP demand information in conjunction with assigned purchasing and inventory control responsibilities. This to include raw material and MRO procurement as assigned.
- Review and analyze daily MRP data for Raw material and / or Packaging Component requirements, managing purchase cost, production planning and inventory value considerations.
- Issuance, maintenance and follow up of purchase orders and MRP item master input and maintenance.
- Proactive development of competitive sourcing opportunities in all areas of assigned responsibilities (materials, equipment, supplies, etc.). Perform cost and value analysis to support purchase recommendations/decisions. Ensure Vendor GMP compliance/requirements are achieved.
- Contribute to the strategic development of supply base management and company initiatives as required.
- Reactively respond to fluctuations/dynamics from both external and internal material demands and availabilities (i.e. market supply issues, material availability disruption, contaminated materials, etc.).
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met.
- Resolve customs issues as required I.e. Routing calls
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Experience: 1-3 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and contracting techniques and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of MRP database systems
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office I.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices
- Experience in RFP procedures, quote analysis, PO issuance and contract management
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, Science, Engineering, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice. Visit kellyservices.com and let us help with what's next for you.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.