Our Windsor Feeds'n Needs store is one of 13 corporate owned stores that specializes in providing quality service to the animal, pet, and lawn/garden consumers throughout the Maritimes. Our parent company, Trouw Nutrition, is a leader in animal nutrition in Canada. The development of the company is based on research, as well as specific programs and services. Shur-Gain serves agricultural producers through a franchise network across Québec, Eastern Ontario, and the Maritimes.
We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates strong leadership and information-sharing skills to their peers. The store manager will be an example in customer service, procedure, communication and will work with their team to keep it motivated and successful. They will be able to participate in the sales development and the smooth running of the branch.
· Support and execute regional store strategies to grow store traffic and optimize profitability
· Meeting sales goals by training, motivating and providing feedback to store staff
· Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
· Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
· Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandizing standards
· Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits, etc.
· Propose innovative ideas to increase market share
· Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths
· Manage and develop staff
· Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances, etc.)
· Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
· Post-secondary education or applicable practical experience
· Previous retail or retail management experience, focused on excellent customer service
· Excellent communication skills when dealing with customers/clients regarding merchandise
· Proven ability in accurate and cost effective decision-making
· Customer management and strong organizational skills
· Proven ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
· Powerful leading skills and business orientation
High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Work With Us
· Pride of being part of a major company
· Recognize the importance of work-family balance
· Benefit from group insurance from the first day of employment
· A pension fund with a contribution from the employer
· Access to specialized technical resources
· Continuing education throughout your career
· Specialized development plan
· Work in a dynamic industry with passionate people