BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward-thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking an ambitious, hardworking and innovative candidate to fill a Custodian opening on-site at one of our customer locations in Fredericton. This individual would be responsible for ensuring an acceptable level of cleanliness in the facility, carry out minor general maintenance requests, and notify his/her supervisor of any facility related issues.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate vacuum cleaners to remove dirt and other waste;
- Wash windows, interior walls;
- Pick up garbage;
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers;
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs;
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas;
- Cleaning restrooms, hallways, etc.;
- Clean vacant units;
- Minor general maintenance activities including, but not limited to: hanging pictures, changing light bulbs, painting, etc.;
- Report deficiencies to Property Manager for repair;
- Other duties as required.
- Well-developed people skills and superior customer service
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Must complete a criminal background check
- Previous experience in a Custodian / Maintenance role
- Valid driver's license
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.