Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT :SHCP
ZONE :Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT :Speech Language
CLASSIFICATION :Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday 8h to 4h.
3 days at Edmundston and 2 days at Grand Fall Hospital.
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will participate in the delivery of rehabilitation services in Vitalité Health Network facilities and within the scope of speech-language pathology professional practice. Duties may include working with children, adults or seniors in various types of environments.
- Member of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists;
- Master's in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Ability to serve as a change agent;
- Excellent communication skills and skills interacting with the public;
- Personal initiative and sound judgment;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to briefly describe desired position and explain interest in position;
- Valid driver's licence and good driving record;
- Ability to promote education and empowerment among clients, their families and partners;
- Willingness to provide services to clients of all age groups;
- CPR certification or willingness to obtain such certification;
- Sincere desire to improve one's professional knowledge and skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French and English is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"