Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Pediatrics
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 9 months)
FTE : 0.8
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care based on the patients' needs. The successful candidate will plan, deliver, and evaluate nursing care and collaborate in the delivery of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, and palliative care. They will also participate in teaching provided to patients. May be required to do ambulance transfers, if necessary.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Newborn resuscitation course;
- APLS certificate;
- Experience in neonatology and pediatric intensive care;
- Experience in breastfeeding;
- One year's experience delivering basic nursing care;
- Professionalism and demonstrated ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Affinity for delivery newborn care combined with superior manual dexterity;
- Ability to teach patients and, more specifically, children;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Following personal qualities: good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"