Corporate Security in Halifax, NS
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
J.D. Irving, Limited/Corporate Security is currently seeking candidates for the following Investigator opportunity located at Irving Shipbuilding Inc. in Halifax. This is a full-time, permanent staff role reporting into the Director of Corporate Security.
- Years of Experience: 10 years of investigative/supervisory experience in policing/law enforcement
- Valid Level II security clearance or ability to obtain
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
The role of Investigator will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Leading investigations pertaining to criminal, labour relations, and security occurrence reports;
- Developing and complying with an overall Corporate Security and Loss Control Policy and program for Irving Shipbuilding Inc.;
- Managing the relationship and service standards with the onsite contracted security;
- Detailing the security incident response program and protocol and ensuring the program is tested and understood throughout the organization;
- Providing direction for security searches of employees and vehicles upon entering and exiting all sites;
- Physical security overview of new site construction, meeting Department of National Defense (DND) specifications;
- Preparing and managing annual department budget including security services, vehicle and maintenance, monitoring costs, etc.
- Performing installation, repair and ongoing maintenance of all security products and equipment on our property including cameras, alarms and tracking equipment;
- Providing security coverage of special onsite and offsite events
What We Offer:
- Corporate Security is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.