Accounting Clerk II – Finance Department
Accounting Clerk II - Finance Department
Temporary Full-Time (Approximately 1 Year)
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
This position is primarily responsible for general ledger functions and will be located in the Financial Services Office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
- Graduation from high school, supplemented by the successful completion of a two-year Business Diploma Program (specializing in Accounting);
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices;
- Recent and relevant experience in an accounting environment;
- Experience in computerized accounting systems and trust accounting is preferred;
- Experience, Meditech, Excel and/or Word would be an asset;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet monthly deadlines;
- Strong communication skills;
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a satisfactory certificate of conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Include but not limited to):
- Reviews, prepares and posts month-end and year end journal entries
- Reviews and prepares prepaid entries for appropriate accounting distribution monthly
- Provides training and assists staff in coastal communities to ensure cash reports are accurate and received on a timely basis;
- Receives and reconciles monthly cash reports from coastal communities;
- Monitors and logs monthly fuel reports from coastal communities
- Reviews and processes cheque clearing daily and prepares Bank Reconciliations monthly:
- Prepares financial reports for submission to various parties;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- CG-26 of the NAPE HS salary scales at $22.23 to $24.61 hourly plus the applicable Labrador Allowance.
Hours of Work:
- 75 hours bi-weekly. Monday to Friday.
This position is open to both male and female applicants.
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2019000178N to:
Human Resources Department
Labrador - Grenfell Regional Health Authority
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
Tele: (709) 897-2164 Fax: (709) 896-4741
Apply online at www.careers.lghealth.ca