Roseway Manor is a 66 bed long term care home in beautiful Shelburne, NS. We endeavor to provide each of our residents with personal care that meets their needs on all levels: physical, emotional, spiritual and social. We are currently searching for the right candidate to complete our Administrative Team. The Administrative Assistant position requires an energetic, detail oriented, team player; one who will readily take up challenges and enjoys a fast paced, ever changing work environment. The new team member will enjoy working with the elderly and their families and is willing to be a part of their day as the opportunity arises. You will be comfortable offering customer service and support, and will have exceptional communication skills. Having the ability to provide great attention to details and being highly organized and a multi tasker will assist you in meeting the daily goals in the business office. As you work within our multi-disciplinary team, you will always be seeking ways to improve the business services we provide to our residents, their families, Roseway Manor staff, the management team and our government and public partners. If you are the team member we are seeking, please forward your cover letter and resume to Nancy Jones, Business Manager at the address provided below.
Working in accordance with the Mission Statement, Standards, Policies and Procedures of Roseway Manor, the Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office and supporting managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. It will be important to have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Reliance on experience and judgment is required to plan and accomplish goals in a fast paced and dynamic workplace. In addition to the listed duties and responsibilities you will interact with our residents and their families as they require the services of our business office. You will receive competitive wages, including full benefits and vacation entitlement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Post-secondary education in office administration, office information technology or a related field or related relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in a unionized health care workplace is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent and proficient computer skills.
- Proficient in SAGE accounting software and general accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and reading.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Well organized, resourceful with demonstrated ability to plan and set priorities. Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team, under supervision, and independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal and judgment skills.
- Loyal, responsible and trustworthy.
- Proven ability to relate well to residents and be sensitive to their emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and social needs with compassionate and caring attitude in line with our Persons Centered Philosophy of care.
WHAT WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Experience with pension funds and benefit plans
- Experience in long term care environment
- Experience in the not-for profit sector
- Familiarity with Not for Profit Boards and Board Governance
Work With Us
Please submit cover letter with resume to:
Nancy Jones, Business Manager
1604 Lake Road, Shelburne, NS B0T 1W0
Visit our website at www.rosewaymanor.com
Offers of employment conditional upon providing a satisfactory criminal records check (vulnerable sector).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All employees must sign an agreement to observe and comply with all policies and procedures of Roseway Manor.
Closing Date: 4pm September 13, 2019