Supply Chain Director (Materials)
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR - MATERIALS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Reporting to the Vice President- Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Director (Materials) will be responsible for the execution of the Materials, and delivery performance of supplied parts in support of ISI.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline with professional accreditations or an MBA
- Years of Experience Required:
- 10-15 years management and leadership in Supply Chain Management, logistics and material control
- Experience in modern Shipbuilding, heavy engineering, capital projects or Defense would be an advantage
- Excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business
- Excellent communications skills
- Key competencies:
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
- Developing people
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Working with the members of Production and Planning, provide leadership that ensures all production strategy requirements are effectively met by suppliers
- Ensure that production is planned within the capability of the Materials Group and with active management of any constraints
- Direct and manage the delivery of products and services within ISI from external suppliers, including all raw materials and finished parts, equipment, commodities and subcontractors
- Build relationships at executive level with suppliers to ensure that problems, issues and improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Direct and manage all logistics activities, including inbound receipt, storage, kitting and parts distribution within the production facility
- Continually assess supply risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Develop and continuously improve the capability of the organization, deploying supply chain professionals to further the aims of the company and in compliance with the ISI Business Management Model
- Drive continuous improvement in all operational processes in the business
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.