JDI Logistics in Brampton, ON
JDI Logistics is a global provider of third party logistics, warehousing and distribution, load brokerage, and intermodal marketing. We focus on offering solutions for the most complex and challenging material movements, utilizing a lean and efficient process model. From singular freight solutions to large supply chain management, JDI Logistics can integrate and manage a wide array of logistics services in both the United States and Canada.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Senior Logistician to join our dynamic team. This position is located in Brampton ON, reporting into our Head Office in Saint John, NB. T he primary focus of this position is to deliver superior value and performance to our customer.
- Negotiate rates with carriers for various lanes and modes of transport (ocean/rail/road)
- Liaise with carriers coordinating lane and equipment availability
- Prepare quotations for the customer
- Manage the day to day transportation needs of customer, optimizing efficiencies within their supply chain through both knowledge base and Transportation Management software tools
- Obtain, verify and prepare shipping documentation
- Track/Trace and manage appointment requirements for customer shipments
- Develop proactive solutions to optimize supply chain and achieve cost savings for customers
- Work closely with the customer, carriers, co-workers and third parties to ensure efficient operations and to meet required deadlines
- Assist and coordinate opening a Toronto office
- On-call rotation may be required
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree. A major in Business Administration or Commerce would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently with a self-starter mentality.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written)
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience is preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented - excellent follow-up skills are essential
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Thrives in a fast-pace environment
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JDI Logistics is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.