Credit Risk Analyst II
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
The Risk Management Collection Strategies (RMCS) team is responsible for the development and execution of risk strategies and initiatives that assist the Collections and Recovery function in mitigating credit losses while assisting customers that are experiencing financial hardship.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Analytics and Insights the Analyst is responsible for generating regular and adhoc reporting and analysis for collections strategies related to TD's Canadian Consumer Lending portfolios. This role collaborates with a team of risk professionals in providing risk expertise and analytical thought leadership in support of strategies related to assisting customers in resolving delinquent payments.
This role offers a unique opportunity to strategically drive business performance through the identification of business/industry related issues, trends and loss avoidance opportunities across the full suite of consumer lending portfolios including credit cards, auto finance, personal lending, small business banking, and real-estate secured products.
- Support the development, production and delivery of Risk Management Reports that provides analysis and insights related to trends within the delinquent consumer lending portfolios.
- Adhoc and deep dive analysis to identify portfolio trends contributing to risk and business results. Presentation of findings and actionable recommendations to business partners/leadership team.
- Develop and maintain reporting that monitors collections strategies and assess delinquent intake and inventory.
- Liaise with the loss forecasting and reporting teams within Risk Management to provide insights into the delinquent portfolio and the impact of collection strategies, collection operations and initiatives on delinquency and loss performance.
- Develop and maintain reporting that allows for benchmarking trends and performance of TD's delinquent portfolio with those of the broader industry.
- Provide tracking of the loss avoidance impacts associated with new collections strategies and initiatives.
- Represent Risk Management, as a subject matter expert in collection strategies and the management of our delinquent portfolio.
- Develop and maintain 2nd line reporting for collection and recovery. This includes collections performance with respect to approved targets and policy related volume, concentration and exception monitoring.
- Act as the second line of defense for Customer Assistance (TD's collections and recovery department).
- Collaborate with all stakeholders including Customer Assistance, Credit Policy, Finance, Loss Forecasting teams within Risk Management, TDBG Risk, Product groups and external vendors.
- Significant experience\\knowledge of reporting tools
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of impact and influencing skills
- Strong verbal, written, presentation & communication skills.
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently
- Experience with SQL and\\or SAS
- Previous Business Analytics, Consumer Lending and\\or Risk Management Experience is an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.