Administrative Manager (Full-Time Term Position)
Solutions for Kids in Pain (SKIP) is looking for an Administrative Manager to join its team. SKIP is hosted at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The position is available to be filled immediately, and employment can currently be offered until 31 March 2022.
SKIP is a newly formed national network that brings together Canada's world-renowned pediatric pain knowledge producers, front-line knowledge user organizations, national and international partners, and patients and caregivers to improve children's pain management.
Information about SKIP can be found at www.kidsinpain.ca.
The Administrative Manager supports the SKIP programs and activities by providing efficient project and administrative support services to the SKIP offices, the Directors, and Board of Directors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help plan, organize and support the activities of the Boards of Director (and their committees), various other SKIP Committees and the Annual General Meeting.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations and marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to ensure all reporting is accurate, complete and on-time.
- Undertake specific SKIP knowledge mobilization projects and project coordination.
- Contribute to annual project reports (help manage and collate highlights from research projects, knowledge hubs, send requests and reminders).
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of university, government, business officials, and the public in general, both verbally and in writing.
- Oversee filing, photocopying, managing shared drives, email distribution lists and contact management.
- Lead event management, including negotiating with venues, managing participation and RSVPs, logistics coordination at the event, etc.
- Provide support to the Director, Finance, including managing the SKIP Operations and Management budgets.
- Provide administrative support including reception services, mail, travel claims, office supplies, etc.
- Share innovative ideas that will maximize the efficiency of SKIP's processes.
- Completion of post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work flexibly, multitask, and meet time‐sensitive deadlines.
- Extremely well organized, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team structure.
- Professionalism and good interpersonal skills; ability to interact well with families and children of all ages and vulnerable populations, researchers and project partners.
- Strong computer skills (web, word processing, e-mail, database, spreadsheets).
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Attentive to detail with a high regard for quality and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Proven project and event management experience.
Other qualifications will be considered an asset:
- Experience working with a not-for-profit organization.
Work With Us
Availability for occasional travel will be required.
Salary range: $45,591 - $55,000
In addition to salary, our total compensation package includes a group RRSP and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit one PDF document that includes a cover letter and recent C.V. or resume, in confidence, quoting " Administrative Manager " in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The screening of candidates will begin on September 3, 2019 and will continue until a successful candidate is found.
SKIP is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted.