Petro Service Limited in Saint John, NB
With headquarters in Saint John, NB, and locations across Canada, Petroservice is a full line petroleum equipment distributor, specializing in sales, service, construction and installation. Our customers include owners and operators in the retail petroleum and commercial / industrial markets.
A vital strength within Petroservice is its team of dedicated, honest and customer-oriented employees. A willingness to improve and achieve is evident throughout the company with the focus on value added services for our customers, technological advances, and employee training.
If you are looking for a dynamic organization this is the opportunity for you. We are currently recruiting for a Junior Accountant to join our team in Saint John, NB.
The essential activities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable
- Management of AP invoice processing
- Monitor status of invoices in approval process
- Cheque and EFT preparation
- Supplier statement reconciliations and vendor follow up
- Open Purchase Order Report and follow-up
- Moderate to complex account reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Ad-hoc financial documentation and reporting
- Maintain internal compliance duties and reporting
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Be an experienced user in Microsoft Office, and interested in learning other applications
- Be able to work independently, and take full ownership of activities
- Operate as a team player who collaborates with others to promote understanding and provide necessary support
- Exceptional level of discretion, confidentiality, and judgment with proven problem-solving skills with the fortitude to take initiative where appropriate
Education and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in accounting and working towards or desire to pursue a professional accounting designation)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly in processing files and records with accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP will be considered an asset
We offer competitive compensation packages including above -standard medical (health, drug and dental) benefits, RRSP matching, and vacation benefits.
If you are interested in joining a leading company within the petroleum industry, send us your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who will be moving on in the interview process will be contacted.
Please visit our website, www.petroservice.com to learn more about us.