Psychologist 1 (PC01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Psychology
CLASSIFICATION : Psychologist 1 (PC01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent of this position provides a full range of psychological services to adult clientele at the Campbellton Regional Hospital and/or at the Restigouche Hospital Centre with various mental health issues. The psychologist will provide services such as assessment, treatment in individual or group therapy, crisis intervention, rehabilitation, prevention and promotion. He or she must have a holistic approach, in a recovery-oriented service delivery model.
- Doctorate or master's degree in Psychology;
- Member in good standing or eligible to become a member of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick;
- Interest and skills in working with clients;
- Knowledge of assessment and treatment of clients;
- Demonstrate empathy and respect;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Efficient communication;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership and good decision making skills;
- Skilled for team work and partnership with other organizations / services involved with the client`s care;
- High level of professional autonomy;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles,to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"