Associate Account Manager
Cavendish Farms in Toronto, ON
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT MANAGER
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Director, Retail Sales the Associate Account Manager will be a highly motivated individual with a "can do" attitude. The successful candidate must thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail. The ability to multi-task and problem solve is key.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and service a small group of junior retail accounts in addition to reporting, analytics and support for the Retail Sales Team. In this role, the Associate Account Manager will work cross functionally to help support Cavendish Farms business development at applicable retail customers to support the Companies strategy.
- Post-secondary education in business
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office and Project software
- Intermediate aptitude in Excel, RPT, Nielsen and Retail Link
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid attention to detail;
- A proven ability to multitask on multiple projects while remaining focused, collaborative, driven and disciplined to quality work and timelines
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Reporting, analytics and support for select customer engagements on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis; primarily supporting the Walmart and LCL businesses, with periodic support to other customers as needed
- Trade spend optimization analysis for the select major accounts using P&L data coupled with trade spend to provide direction on improving future ROI
- Is the primary contact point for service and sales generation for accounts within the assigned portfolio, maintaining a regular ongoing call cycle with each account to develop the business. As a team player, executes merchandising activity (programs, listings & promotional activity) for accounts and buying groups within the portfolio, to meet and/or exceed volume, revenue, and margin targets in accordance with corporate objectives and sales plans
- Negotiates pricing & promotional programs to develop the business within the approved parameters and strategies of the Company. Acts as the primary conduit for communication between the account and the Company, quarterbacking all aspects of the customer relationship, inclusive of managing and tracking trade spending within allocated parameters.
- Potential for special project assignments once foundational knowledge has been achieved.
- Department support and admin including select weekly/monthly reporting, meeting coordination, travel coordination, and executive support
- Other duties as required.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by September 3rd, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.