Junior Contracts Administrator
Job Title: Junior Contracts Administrator
Job Posting #: 843
Department: Avionics Production
Department #: 3090
Reports To: Manager of Contracts & Administration
Position Type: Permanent
To manage day-to-day requirements related to assigned contracts. To assist the operational management team in day-to-day operational (business) issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide complete contractual and financial administration to any assigned contract but not limited to the following duties :
- Claim and invoice preparation in accordance with the contract basis of payment
- Assist Program/Production Management
- Monitor Government Business Opportunities Bulletin Boards
- Recognition, analysis and solution definition for contract administration problems
- Pricing/Proposal preparation
- Attendance at Contract Progress Review Meetings
- Coordination of RFP's
- Periodic internal and external reports
- Work Order Creation and Monitoring
- Auditing and processing of material and labour transfers
- Prepare financial information to support negotiation activities undertaken by the Company
- Serve as focal point for formal communication between IMP and individual customers
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Contracts Director
- Material expediting
- Provide assistance with purchasing function
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Business Administration
- Computer experience in word processing and spreadsheets
- Accounting training/experience preferred
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills
- 1-2 years in industry with Contract Administration emphasis
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.