Project Controls Specialist - Ship Repair
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PROJECT CONTROLS SPECIALIST, Ship Repair
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax, NS.
- Weekly Reporting of multiple projects both internally and to the customer
- Maintain the Earned Value Management System, making improvements to system and reporting in collaboration with the Project Controls Manager
- Working with Production, Supply Chain, Project Accounting and other internal stakeholders to gather and report on cost and schedule performance of Ship Repair projects
- Analyze production cost and schedule performance to proactively highlight areas of concern to Production/Project Management for action
- Analyze, track and manage approvals for budget reallocations to/from internal labour to subcontractors
- Audit actual charges to ensure accuracy and gather variance analysis information for reporting cost variances
- Maintain processes, procedures and systems, ensure compliancy to quality standards
- Ensure systems and reports are correct and accuracy understood
- Tracking of certain key cost items
- Estimate to Completion and Estimate at Completion Reviews with Cost Account Managers
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education required; Degree in Business or Diploma in Engineering preferred
- Years of Experience Required: 1-3 years of experience in a business and/or project/production setting.
- Proven abilities developing reports both graphical and tabular required
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient in the use of MS office products, in particular, Excel
- Experience with Earned Value Management an asset
- Understanding of earned value management and ANSI-748 Standard an asset
- Knowledge of project management considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills required
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.