Registered Nurse (RN) (RPT 0.5)
Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada - Nova Scotia Branch
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.5 FTE)
Program Name: Client Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 37.5
Work Schedule: Days, with an evening, weekend rotation
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
On Call: Yes
Portability of seniority as per NSNU agreement.
Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. Come work with us - it's a job that matters!
If you asked a VON nurse why they love working here, they would say:
- I get to work to the full scope of my practice
- I use independent judgment to make decisions for my clients
- I get to provide home care to clients who need it
- I love being out and around in my community helping people
- Clients really appreciate the service and care that we provide them
- I am able to ensure my client is comfortable while providing palliative care in their home
- I get to work with amazing co-workers
- To provide and manage high quality and effective nursing care to all individuals who are assigned to your care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with CRNNS and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
- Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.