Bilingual Environmental Engineer/Hydrogeologist - Contaminated Sites
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is the oneof Canada's largest soils, materials and environment organizations. Englobe isdistinguished by the credibility it has built up over the years and itspeople-centred values. Its 2,300 employees provide recognized expertise to along roster of clients across Canada and abroad. The Englobe name is aguarantee of quality.
Englobe has recently acquired one of the topmulti-discipline engineering firms, DST Consulting Engineers Inc. DSTConsulting Engineers, now a Division of Englobe is a multi-disciplinaryengineering firm providing comprehensive services to clients acrossCanada. Our nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people invarious stages of their careers. Growing our team means we are inpursuit of individuals who can rise to the challenge.
We are currently seeking a Bilingual EnvironmentalEngineer/Hydrogeologist - Contaminated Sites to work out our Ottawa,ON office.
About the Job
We are seeking an exceptional bilingual (English/French)hydrogeologist, geological or civil engineer to help grow our contaminated siteassessment, and remediation practices in the National Capital Region.
- Task and project management, including planning andimplementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budgetmanagement, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, andprofitability;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managingsubcontractors;
- Work plan development, data evaluation, and report writing;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans,specifications, and proposals;
- Reviewing and managing written document production;
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients,regulatory personnel, and other parties;
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including siteinspections, multi-media environmental sampling and characterization, drillingoversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations,maintenance, and construction.
- Assist in business development; including bringing in newclients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposalpreparation, and developing
- Conducting technical reviews of technical reports;
- Consistently executing prescribed technical procedures andwork plans;
- Participating in project management meetings, officemeetings, health and safety inspections;
- Maintaining a commitment to exceeding client expectations byconsistently delivering high quality of work;
- Consistently maintaining professionalism and objectivitywhile working with colleagues and clients who require varying degrees ofsupport;
- Handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy tomaintain positive working relationships with all internal and externalcontacts;
- Conducting project administration tasks as required,including timesheet generation and project invoicing; and
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required;
- Possession of a Professional Engineering (P.Eng or Eng;) orrelated designation required;
- Minimum of 5-10 years' Post-designation experience required;
- Fluent in English and French (both writing and speaking)
- Experience writing (and winning) proposals, specifications,technical and non-technical reports;
- Solid understanding of provincial (Quebec (Law 72) andOntario (O.Reg 153)) and federal environmental regulatory requirements forcontaminated sites acquired through experience and education;
- Possession of valid driver's license required; and
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain security clearancerequired.
ADDITIONAL SKILL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Strong research and technical writing skills;
- Ability to present information concisely and clearly;
- Proficient with use of MS Office;
- Ability to effectively oversee contractors andsubcontractors;
- Ability to understand and focus on new ideas and concepts tocoherently communicate in writing;
- Strong listening and interpretation skills, ability toretain salient points and synthesize information on complex issues;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes andoccasional overtime, evening or weekend work;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve andtackle new assignments;
- Able to handle multi-tasking and maintain focus in a busywork place;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;and
- Ability and willingness to travel on remote sites inNorthern Ontario or any where in Canada.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.