Senior Finance Manager, Advanced Analytics
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Finance organization includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions and advanced analytics.
We are looking for someone to fill the role of the Senior Manager, Advanced Analytics. This is a role that will help to support the delivery of projects and advanced analytics aimed at transforming our Finance organization and helping to drive BCE financial performance.
- Oversight of end-to-end Financial / IT projects for the entire Bell Finance function
- Use formalized Project Management approaches in project delivery, including:
- Identify and evaluate business requirements from end customers (Bell Finance)
- Identify required resources, lead Business Requirement Document development
- Get consensus on requirements, obtain sign off and approval from business
- Lead technical team and plan an active hands on role on strategy, delivery, execution
- Participate in and lead overall system and data architecture and models
- Lead and develop Data/BI/Analytics/reporting design and implementation
- Assist in change management/adoption strategy with end customers
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders / partners
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in a highly dynamic and complex environment
- Comfortable communicating both complex technical and accounting business requirements / solutions to all layers within the organization
- Lead and mentor a team of talented professionals; helping to establish a technical / functional hybrid talent base
- Have strategic outlook on future technical and data requirements, tools, skillsets for the Finance function
- 10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Strong work ethic and great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure and logic to abstract tasks.
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- A combination of Professional financial designation (i.e., CPA, CFA, Masters in Finance), and advanced education in Project Management, Data, Analytics
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, Bitbucket, COGNOS, MICROSTRATEGY or related, SQ, SAS, PYTHON, R, SAP/HANA
- Telecom sector experience an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 09/25/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax