Manager of Municipal Services
The Municipality of the District of Digby is an engaging proactive government organization that is currently seeking a motivated employee for the position of Manager of Municipal Services. The Manager of Municipal Services is responsible for ensuring high quality service delivery and the efficient and effective use of the municipality's financial, human, technological and equipment resources.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, and as part of the management team, the core duties and responsibilities of the position are:
- Regularly evaluate to ensure programs and services are provided in efficient and effective way including alternate service delivery methods, legislative requirements and policy options;
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long terms plans dealing with service issues and implementation strategies;
- Keep informed of new developments in the fields of Municipal Airport Management, Public Works, Wastewater, Solid waste, Asset management;
- Develop, manage and maintain contracts for the provision of services from external providers including: solid waste, snow removal, insurance, office equipment leases, janitorial services;
- Administration of municipal procurement services and compliance;
- Ensure integration between internal and external service delivery and providers to maximize efficient use of resources and avoid duplication.
- The ideal candidate will possess relevant post-secondary academic qualifications or have a combination of suitable education and experience;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products;
- 3 to 5 years municipal government or related experience;
- Managing contracts with external service providers;
- Managing staff.
Salary and Benefits - $50,000 - $67,000 + Medical and pension plan * Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
A detailed position description can be obtained from the Digby Municipal Administration Office at 12548 Highway 217, Seabrook.
Resumes are to be forwarded to the attention of Jeff Sunderland, Deputy CAO, and will be accepted by mail at Municipality of Digby, PO Box 429, Digby, NS, B0V 1A0, by fax to 902-245-5748 or by email to email@example.com no later than 12:00 noon September 22, 2019. The Municipality of Digby is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.