Department Manager, Food Service - Relocation
Department Manager, Food Service
"Must be able to relocate to remote and rural communities in difficult-to-reach markets in the Northern most regions of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories"
Ready to embrace your direction? Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better? We're hiring Food Service Managers for our Northern and NorthMart stores. You are a natural people person, with proven experience in all aspects of customer service and people management. You will effectively manage and operate a NWC Food Service operation, maximizing profit and provide an equitable return on investments.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and properly presented to maximize sales and profits;
- Control labour and overhead costs;
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns, and return on investment;
- Drive sales through promotional offerings;
- Ensure store policies and procedures are communicated to department employees;
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies, ensure food service quality control, and maintain records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage;
- Supervise and check assembly of trays and delivery of food;
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and train staff on job duties, sanitation, and safety procedures;
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of preparation and food portioning;
- Provide a pleasant dining experience, build customer report, and effectively resolve customer concerns; and
- Ensure department cleanliness and maintenance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' related experience in a food service environment in a management role;
- Proven experience in all aspects of customer service and people management;
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality principles, methods, practices, and techniques;
- Excellent ability to multi-task and memorize orders;
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling duties;
- Fantastic leadership skills and driven to deliver a great dining experience for our customers;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Demonstrated knowledge of product, service, quality, equipment, and operations standards;
- Effective issues management skills and outstanding ability to converse with employees and customers. You're a "people-person";
- Ability to work independently and with a team; and
- Able to remain calm and effective under pressure.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.