Department Manager, Administration - Relocation
Department Manager, Administration
"Must be able to relocate to remote and rural communities in difficult-to-reach markets in the Northern most regions of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories"
"You're always by-the-book!" Has anyone ever said this to you? Well, take your policy and process driven attitude and join The North West Company (NWC) as the Department Manager, Administration. We're excited to see your organizational skills and high attention to detail. As the Department Manager, Administration, you provide leadership to a team of employees in financial services, POS systems, POS system maintenance and front end. You identify opportunities to improve and implement new business.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Day-to-day operations of Financial Services, Front-End, Customer Services, and Ancillary Business (Post Office and Lotto if applicable);
- Manage the Office and Front-End to maximize profits and protect company assets;
- Responsible for the development of the departmental business plan, its performance and financial targets, operational controls, and customer relations;
- Work with Department Managers and Supervisors to recruit, train, lead, and develop your teams. Responsible for the development of all employees to supervisory and management positions;
- Coordinate computer and monthly reports to allow for timely review and analysis of store operational results;
- Responsible for complete data integrity of store files and complying with Company guidelines regarding scanning rates;
- Schedule employees within areas of responsibility to ensure customer service and performance standards are achieved and remain within approved labour budgets; and
- Ensure daily operating disciplines are consistently met and store policies and procedures are communicated to department employees.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Extremely detailed with a by-the-book mentality, adhering to all store procedures and policies;
- A background in either finance, banking, administration, or office management;
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills;
- Strong written, communication, and prioritizing skills;
- Customer-driven with the desire to meet and exceed customer's needs and inquiries;
- Ability to deal with highly-confidential materials, including financial and credit card information;
- Keen eye for identifying information errors and administering processes to create smooth documentation;
- Passionate and enthusiastic to build your professional career and bring your talent to a team who loves to bring value to their community;
- Experience with invoicing, establishing policies, coordinating communications, and developing personal growth opportunities; and
- Enjoy coordinating projects and events through planning, arranging, scheduling, and monitoring tactics.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employee
s are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.