Department Manager, Meat - Relocation Required
Department Manager, Meat
"Must be able to relocate to remote and rural communities in difficult-to-reach markets in the Northern most regions of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories"
Are you a great communicator who creates team spirit and you're welcoming with customers? The North West Company (NWC) is hiring Department Managers, Meat for their Northern and NorthMart stores. Bring your high-level retail experience and skills to NWC. Meat Managers, are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Meat Departments.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and properly presented to maximize sales and profits;
- Control labour and overhead costs;
- Responsible for meat cutting, wrapping, and displaying in merchandise cases;
- Role model great service and demonstrate your enthusiasm to delight our customers;
- Share your knowledge, experience, and best practices to create team spirit across the department. Supervise, train, and schedule staff;
- Achieve maximum sales and impact seasonal events, planning well and also react to changes in weather, driving opportunities. Control inventory level by ordering product weekly. Maintain a competitive lead in the community;
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the department and take action as required to address issues;
- Ensure store policies and procedures are communicated to department employees, and maintain great quality products for customers by ensuring your team follows correct product handling; and
- Manage meat displays in accordance to marketing plan-o-grams.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in retail with a meat-industry background, ideally as a butcher;
- Strong knowledge of meat cuts and meat buying;
- A passion for the meat industry, and ability to provide the highest standards in customer service, ensuring your team complies to health, safety, and legal standards;
- Ability to maximize sales' goals and maintain the condition of all fresh counters, freezers, and coolers;
- Previous retail management experience;
- Able to effectively communicate with customers to get the right products in their hands, and able to address any concerns or inquiries;
- Highly motivated and appreciate small-town life in a culturally diverse setting;
- Budget and goal-oriented to achieve sales' goals and strict control of wage costs;
- Ability to work independently and as a team; and
- Able to build strong relationships and trust with your customers and all stakeholders.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.