Department, Management - Relocation Required
Must be able to relocate to remote and rural communities in difficult-to-reach markets in the Northern most regions of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
Interested in attending an Information Session on our company and job opportunities? Keep reading and see if you qualify!
Do you have amazing customer service skills with a passion to be part of a hardworking retail team? The North West Company (NWC) has Northern and NorthMart stores in remote locations in northern Canada, with roles ranging from Department Managers to Store Managers.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, an attractive/competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in northern Canada. You receive benefits such as subsidized housing and a food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
You have opportunities to join our team in the following departments:
- Produce Department Manager
- Food Service Department Manager
- Grocery Department Manager
- Meat Department Manager
- Administration Department Manager
- Bakery Department Manager
*We are also looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated working couples*
- MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO NORTHERN CANADA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a retail or food service environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of NWC's customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC's vision, mission, values and strategies
- Highly motivated and adventurous with an appreciation for small town life in a culturally diverse setting considered an asset
Only those applicants we wish to pursue will be contacted, all other resumes are kept on file.