Combat Systems Integration Engineering Manager
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
COMBAT SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEERING MANAGER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This position will be responsible for the effective leadership and management to deliver engineering oversight in the role of Combat Systems Integration Engineering Manager encompassing all engineering elements of Combat Systems under the following categories:
- Above Water Sensors and Weapons
- Under Water Sensors and Weapons
- Combat Management System
- Combat Support Systems
The Combat Systems Integration Engineering Manager shall manage, coordinate and execute physical integration, engineering concepts, design and solutions across all Combat Systems component mission areas to ensure Combat Systems performance in accordance with systems requirements and ship specifications. This role will report to the Director Combat Systems Integration.
- Oversee and manage the engineering combat systems elements for the integration into CSC
- Oversee critical path analysis of the CSC Combat Systems portions of the ship systems installation
- Oversee all aspects of the physical detect to engage sequence in all warfare areas
- Lead the efforts of the Combat Systems Integration Team in providing technical support to the CSC Project's other engineering teams and project teams.
- Participate in the design and delivery process of Combat Systems
- Participate in the design/build process
- Provide Naval ship Combat System design, build, commissioning, acceptance and support
- Ensure product safety and product environmental management
- Lead quality management in support of Engineering
- Interpret technical documentation for the engineering teams
- Coordinate with other CSC Project teams: Platform Systems Engineering, Combat Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering and Project Management
- Provide guidance and advice on the impact of proposed combat systems engineering changes as required
- Recommend when feasible, to approve engineering change that can be enacted within the combat system portfolio remaining within contractual scope and financial approval
- Provide an effective interface between the customer, ISI program IPTs, and the sub-contractor
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change presented by the subcontractors to ensure impacts to integration activities are understood and recorded
- Support Project Management and ISI initiatives as required for the CSC project to succeed
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Combat Systems Engineering team
- Be a role model for professional behavior and best practice within ISI. Mentor and coach other members of the team as required
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Electrical or Mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience. A minimum of 10 years' experience in the following fields:
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large, complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Extensive knowledge of Naval Combat Systems technology and operation
- Detailed understanding of Combat/Mission System Architectures
- Installation and integration of hardware and software systems onboard Naval Platforms
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement programs
- Three plus years of experience in a team lead or management role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
- Knowledge of a shipyard production environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in engineering for Naval platform development and delivery
- Technical Authority role in a defence environment
- Understanding of ship construction
- Experience working in design, production and / or test on a ship construction program
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.