Systems Engineer (PLM)
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PLM SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The PLM Systems Engineer will be responsible for development and implementation of an Integrated Data Environment (IDE) to support the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) activities including budget, cost, schedule and performance monitoring. The PLM Systems Engineer will report to the Business Architect and will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership and management of the business transformation change to support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation.
- Support training plan development, identification of training requirements and roll out of training.
- Assist with stakeholder management, user support, analysis, development, testing and production delivery coordination.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives).
- Design, configure and write test cases for system, integration and user acceptance testing and perform unit tests.
- Testing of PLM system changes.
- Develop, plan, coordinate execution of PLM tool functionality that meet business requirements.
- Analyze user needs to determine engineering and product data requirements, PLM functional requirements, process and data modelling to meet end-user and business needs.
- Provide business support daily to all PLM users at Irving Shipbuilding Inc. including Fleetway Irving's Supportability business for CSC project.
- Provide functional PLM subject matter expertise PLM in areas of Design data (CAD), Bill of Materials Management, Planning, Change Management, Management of Business Processes and Quality data.
- Assists technical teams in JDI IT and provide technical and business knowledge and expertise in solutions deployed to support the CSC program.
- Drive continuous business improvement.
- Administer and support PLM system configuration for Irving Shipbuilding Inc
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Engineering Technology, Business or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience enabling organizations plan, implement and communicate change.
- Experience in the following areas is required:
- Business Process change
- IT industry experience (PLM or major Business change preferred)
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- Strong communication skills with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RCN terminology is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant change management and business change techniques such as business process modeling and re-engineering
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.